PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT:
Brussels, antitrust, competition and trade practice department of an international law firm
To be confirmed
The Antitrust Investigations Support Project Manager assists in the development of data management strategies in view of complex antitrust investigations and authorities’ requests for information, in particular designing and implementing databases for managing, sorting, indexing and abstracting large volumes of data produced in antitrust cases. He/she will be reporting to the Antitrust Investigations Support Analyst and assist in developing a data management strategy most suitable for the clients’ needs. The role requires flexibility and might involve overtime, including weekend cover.
Assisting in document review matter set-up & creation of supporting documentation
- Coordinating with lawyers to understand specific case requirements, researching available and suitable technology, database solutions and vendors
- Present recommend solutions to the firm’s teams and/or clients, outlining the most efficient and cost-effective process
- Create project specific documentation outlining steps to be taken for conducting a document collection, review and production
- Attending European Commission meetings, discussing and documenting requirements for providing documents relating to; searching, format of data exchange and advise on best practice
- Supporting the set up of a databases and user interface, in close coordination with the Antitrust Investigations Support Analyst
- Assisting in monitoring quality of databases, interfaces and search engines
- Overseeing the data collection process, eData processing and quality control, whether done in-house or outsourced to third party vendors
- Analysing third party vendor offerings and presenting costs in a cost comparison matrix
Daily Matter Support
- Manage and provide accurate reporting to case teams on the progress of collections and reviews
- Provide assistance to reviewers so they are able to understand matter requirements and how this relates to the solution
- Creating and updating Review Audit Pack through-out the life of a matter e.g. searches used, volume of documents, flow of documents in workflows, number of responsive documents
- Assist with ad-hoc request
Assisting in in- house training and support
- Providing case specific end-user system training on document review databases and any other appropriate IT system
- Supporting to develop, document and implement best practices on document management, operating procedures, technology procurement and other aspects of antitrust investigations/litigation support
- Piloting, testing and evaluating new third party services and new in-house software solutions
- Support maintenance and development of general commercial awareness of the evolving external marketplace both in terms of relevant systems and services
- Attending specific trainings offered by third party vendors on their products
Skills and Competences
- Demonstrates service-mindedness, initiative, spots opportunities and takes ownership of tasks.
- Shows an aptitude for problem solving.
- Is comfortable working in a team and sensible to clients’ needs.
- Works with a high level of attention to detail.
- Is organised, pro-active, efficient, flexible, and not afraid to ask questions.
- Has excellent communication skills, both written and oral, including presentation skills.
- Works well under pressure and is able to cope with variable workloads and demanding deadlines.
- Is fluent in English and speaks at least one other language, preferably German.
- Legal Masters degree or qualified lawyer.
- Previous experience with administration of investigations/litigation support systems (e.g. eDiscovery, EnCase Forensics, Introspect, Relativity, Clearwell, Ringtail, Concordance, Summation, etc.) or alternatively, a degree in IT/ ICT and a clear ability to master these systems quickly.
- Extensive IT skills, especially in Microsoft Access are required.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and email applications.
- Competent keyboard skills.
- Experience in professional services or legal environment is a plus
To apply, please register on our Career Portal: http://cvdata.lexsensis.com/careers/